Download Surgery Notes for Final Year Students
Surgery is the Medical specialization of using instrumental technique and operative procedures performed on a person to investigate or for the treatment of a disease or a pathological condition to improve body function, appearance or repair unwanted ruptured tissue.
Surgical procedure or operations is the act of performing surgery. A surgery can be performed on a person or an animal. A surgeon is the person who practices and performs surgery. A surgical procedure can last from a few minutes to hours. It is an invasive technique with principle of physical intervention on organs, organ system or tissues for diagnostic and therapeutic reasons.
- Types of Surgery :-
- According to Time :
- Elective surgery
- Semi-elective surgery
- Emergency surgery
- According to purpose :
- Exploratory Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- According to type of procedure :
- Reconstructive Surgery
- According to Degree of invasiveness :
- Minimally-invasive Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery or Angioplasty
- Open surgical Procedure
- According to Equipment used :
- Laser surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- According to Time :
- Terminology used for Surgery
- -ectomy Suffix is used for the processes that involve complete removal of the organ
- -otomy Suffix is used for the processes that involve cutting into an organ or tissue. e.g. laparotomy (Cutting through abdominal wall to access the abdominal cavity)
- -oscopy Suffix is used for the processes in which an endoscope is inserted through a small incision by minimally invasive procedures. e.g. Laparoscopy
- -ostomy Suffix is used for procedures that result in the formation of a permanent or semi-permanent opening called Stoma.
- -opasty Suffix is used for reconstruction, plastic or cosmetic surgery of a body part with Prefix being the name of the body part. e.g. Rhinoplasty (Rhino is prefix used for nose)
- -rraphy Suffix is used Repair of damaged and congenitally abnormal structure.
Download MBBS ebooks :
All books/videos/software featured here are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
Contact us: email@example.com